From years of working with non-profits and charities, I’ve learned a thing or two. Instead of gate-keeping this knowledge, I want to help you help others! I’ve compiled an ever-evolving list of some of the top tips I can give you to help you on your mission to make this world a better place.
Link in bio: Linktree
- Some social media platforms (Instagram particlulary) make it difficult to share links. Sometimes you also want a central directory of links to make it easy for your supporters to navigate to key pages.
- Linktree is a great option to put a permanent link in your bio that leads off to customizable link directory. Linktree gives non-profits & charities a Pro account for life for free.
- This is the best way to share links on your social media accounts with a professional and branded interface. Make sure you remove the Linktree logo and personalize it to your brand.
- Learn more & apply: linktr.ee/s/about/charities
Graphics & social media scheduling: Canva for Nonprofits
- Canva offers a free Pro account for non-profits/charities or social-impact organizations.
- This is an easy-to-use platform for designing graphics for digital or print use. They also have a built-in social media scheduling platform to easily schedule your social posts ahead of time.
- Learn more & apply: canva.com/nfp-signup
- Apparel: Bonfire
- An apparel fundraising platform that takes care of the printing and shipping so all you have to do is upload your design (created on Canva!) and share with your network.
- I have personally raised hundreds of dollars on this platform for non-profits.
- Learn more & apply: bonfire.com/fundraising/nonprofits
- Calendar templates are available on Canva; just insert your own photos and personalize it to your brand
- Print with your local printers; inquire about a non-profit discount. If you are in the Vancouver, BC, area, ClubCard is high-quality and they have a great non-profit discount program.
- With the right profit margins, calendar fundraisers can be very successful. Every year I run a couple and they always make $$!
Communications & Tech
- Internal communications: Slack
- Google for Nonprofits
- Website: free & easy website builders
Was this information helpful?
Leave your input so I can better help you and other non-profits.
Want to work together?
Reach out and let’s chat!